400 W Airport Blvd
Sanford FL 32773
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm
Are you thinking of volunteering?
- Not sure of the opportunities?
- Is medical liability protection a deterrent?
Join thousands of healthcare providers across Florida working to provide health and dental care to the underserved and uninsured. Opportunities are available in Department of Health facilities, non-profit organizations throughout the state, and in your office. Donated services under the Department of Health's volunteer programs are covered by state sponsored sovereign immunity protection.
Why become a volunteer?
- Volunteering offers you an opportunity to carry out tasks that benefit the community.
- You can build networks throughout the community.
- Volunteering can teach you about many important issues that are going on in the community, as well as what is being done about it. By volunteering in the health department, you can learn about the services offered to the community.
- You can acquire new skills through a variety of our programs. These skills may be beneficial to you for employment.
- You can meet a diverse group of people.
How you can become a Volunteer?
- All prospective volunteers are asked to fill out a Volunteer Services Application.(.pdf 239 kb)
- Once the application is received you will be called for an interview to ensure proper placement.
- Background screening will be required for volunteers who are placed in areas which have access to confidential information, and/or who have direct contact with clients.
- All volunteers are required to attend a volunteer orientation, and training if needed
Volunteer Program Coordinator
400 West Airport Boulevard
Sanford, Florida 32773
Examples of services and activities that volunteers can provide.
- Artist to develop posters which promote a department
- Clerical/filing, typing, data entry, etc.
- Clinic host (Greeters)
- Customer service specialists (e.g. telephone operators, surveying, etc.)
- Development of outreach projects for different initiatives
- Event planners
- Grant writers
- Working with public/private partners to acquire services or goods that support our department (e.g. free medications, baby blankets for clients, etc.)
- Reading programs for children
- Speakers and educators
- Special events (e.g. community health fairs)